Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Walking the path

A while ago, I wrote this. Today, I am reminded of another wise ancient chinese saying:

秀才遇到兵, 有理说不清!

(When a scholar meets a soldier, even if the former is in the right, it would be futile to reason with the latter).


MHA: "On his return from Changi General Hospital, Chee was placed in a cell equipped with CCTV. The lights at such cells are kept switched on from 6 pm to 8 am the following day for visibility to enable prison officers to monitor inmates under close supervision, including those with suicidal tendencies or who may cause self-inflicted injuries".

CSJ: "The MHA needs come up with more credible answers. Suggesting that I had "suicidal tendencies" or "may cause self-inflicted injuries" is complete and utter rubbish. Psychiatrists at QRP and CGH have examined me, and if the results indicated that I was suffering from any "suicidal tendencies", they should produce it. Obviously, the turning on of the lights at night is just an excuse to deprive me of sleep and affect my psychological health. Is it not possible for the prison to use an infra-red camera to do the recording with the lights off? If the prison is really monitoring inmates had "suicidal tendencies" or "may cause self-inflicted injuries", why did it not similarly monitor Mr Yap Keng Ho who had announced publicly that he was conducting a hunger strike while imprisoned?"

YKH: "我将绝食行动升级到完全不喝水。最后因此被医生静脉注射点滴。那个晚上,我一人单独被囚禁在设有闭路电视监视的牢房,严密被监视。尽管我是表明绝食绝水,已经被医生静脉注射点滴的危险情况,同样在有闭路电视监视的牢房,而且还是单独一人,但是牢房也没有整个晚上都开电灯![李家王朝]内政部说什么声明,所有的囚犯都是同样待遇,没有任何特别的对付徐顺全博士,这就分明是放狗屁的!相比一下:徐顺全博士没有表明绝食绝水;有另外两人在同一个牢房;没有在静脉注射点滴的危险情况;但是他的牢房一连9个晚上都开电灯!"

Translation: "I (Yap Keng Ho) upgraded my hunger strike to the level of completely not drinking. As a result, the doctor eventually put me on intravenous drip. That night, I was incarcerated alone, under close surveillance, in a prison cell equipped with closed-circuit camera. Despite this declaration that I would go without food and water, and my having already reached this dangerous level of requiring intravenous drip, and my being held in the same type of prison cell equipped with closed circuit camera - moreover, I was alone - the lights in my cell were not switched on for the entire night! The Lee dynasty's MHA claimed that all prisoners were treated equally and that Dr. Chee was not singled out, this is like a dog farting! Let's compare: Dr. Chee did not declare that he will go without food and water; there were 2 other inmates in the same cell; there wasn't any dangerous situation warranting intravenous drip; yet in his cell, the lights were on for 9 consecutive nights!


Sigh, a learned gentleman dealing with a gangster. No wonder no amount of sensibility and reasoning is good enough! lol. Well, what to do? That's the price the poor scholar has to pay for wanting to walk the path, instead of just knowing it. It is at times like this that I wonder if it is worth his while.

Morpheus: Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

1 Comments:

At Monday, December 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

不止说不清,简直是故意被抹黑..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home